watch movies from smartphone to tv without using HDMI Do you want to watch from your phone on your TV but don’t have an HDMI port? Don’t worry – there are a number of movies you can do without spending a lot of money. Watching movies is great fun today, it is great if you have a big screen to watch movies.
In this blog post, we’ll show you ways to watch movies from smartphone to TV without using HDMI. So, whether you’re looking for a low-cost option or something more high-tech, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to learn more!
Ways to watch movies from smartphone to tv without using HDMI
watch movies from smartphone to tv without using HDMI So you want to watch a movie from your phone but don’t have the HDMI cord? Fear not! There are three different ways for watching movies without an external video/audio output:
If your TV doesn’t support Chromecast, don’t worry. You can still connect your smartphone to it using Screencast. Have a look:
- First, you need to ensure that your TV set and the phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then navigate to your TV’s input menu and choose the Screen Mirroring option.
- Now grab your phone and go to the Settings and look for Wireless Display. Remember that this option can be different in every device.
- Now, you will have to select your TV from the list of devices available on the same network.
You can turn your old television set into a smart device with the help of Miracast. watch movies from smartphone to tv without using HDMI This is an easy process that does not require any technical know-how, and it just takes minutes to complete. Miracast can cast your android phone’s screen to your TV wirelessly. It is the latest technology, and nowadays, most TV sets also have built-in Miracast. However, some older TV models don’t have Miracast, and in that case, you will have to buy a Miracast dongle from amazon or any other store.
If your device is compatible with Miracast, follow these steps:
- First, plug in your Miracast dongle into your TV and connect it with a USB charger.
- Now, switch on the TV and activate the dongle mode.
- While doing so, ensure that your smartphone and the other device are connected to the same network.
- Now enter into the Settings of your phone.
- Now go to the Display section and choose Wireless Display.
- Activate the wireless display function.
- Now you will have to wait for a couple of minutes, and in the meanwhile, your phone will search for the available devices which are present on the same network.
- Then you will see available devices, find your Miracast dongle and click on it to connect.
- Now you will see your smartphone’s screen on your TV and enjoy.
Technically speaking, Miracast is “screen mirroring”, and it cannot cast your phone,” even its name suggests otherwise.
Miracast is compatible with:
- All Windows PCs with Windows 8.1 or higher.
- Android 4.2 or higher
- Amazon Fire OS
Remember that Miracast does not work with iOS or macOS. If you are a mac user, then you will need Apple’s Airplay instead.
Google Home App
Another way to watch movies from your phone on your watch movies from smartphone to tv without using HDMI is via the Google Home app. If you are already using a Chromecast device, then you can watch movies on your TV by casting your phone’s screen to it.
If you are already using a Chromecast device, then you can cast your smartphone’s screen to your TV. Below is the complete process to follow:
- Connect your Chromecast device to your TV and switch it on.
- Ensure both your TV and Phone are on the same network.
- Now you need to download and install Google’s Home app on your smartphone.
- Open the Google Home app and select your Chromecast device from available devices.
- Then, you will have to click on the Cast My Screen feature located at the bottom side of your screen.
- The setup is finished, and you can check your phone’s screen on your TV.
- If you want to pause or stop the mirroring, just click on the Stop Mirroring feature.
If you are not using a smart TV, we have great news for you. Through this process, you can stream other devices like Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc., and watch your favorite shows on the bigger TV screen from your mobile without any fuss. By using this way, you can also connect your Xbox to Laptop.
Q no.1 : How Can I connect my phone to my TV without HDMI?
You can also connect your smartphone to your TV using its own USB cable. If you have a newer model television, there’s likely going to be at least one available on-board for connecting devices like phones and tablets via this means!
Q no. 2 : How can I play movies from my phone to my TV wirelessly?
The easiest way to stream videos from your phone or tablet is by using the wireless display adapter. Simply plug it in, turn on screen mirroring, and pair it with a device of yours that has Mirror Headphone Mode enabled.
Q no.3 :How can I watch movies from my phone on the TV?
Above, you will find three commonly used and practical ways to watch your phone’s content on your TV without any fuss.
Some other ways to do so are mentioned below:
- Watch from a phone or tablet by plugging it into the television using an HDMI cable.
- A high-quality Bluetooth monitor may also be used for this purpose, but make sure you have both settings turned up so that everything looks good when playing back videos through these devices instead of just seeing them as still images.
- Connect mobile content wirelessly with Wi-Fi-enabled gadgets such as Alexa Show Time.
Q no. 4: How to connect my smartphone to my TV using a USB cord?
watch movies from smartphone to tv without using HDMI is a versatile port that you can use to connect your phone with your TV. You will need a simple HDMI to USB adapter for this purpose, and the process is really simple. Simply plug one end into the device’s USB slot and then attach both sticks together with their corresponding cables – easy as pie (or apple). Once you’ve done all of these steps correctly, set up playback on whichever app/game provides video content and watch it on the bigger screen.
Q no.5: How to connect an iPhone to TV with or without HDMI?
To connect your iPhone to your TV, you will have to use an adapter cable that suits the style and shape of your TV set’s input.
If possible, we recommend using an HDMI cable for this purpose as its quality is top-notch and much better than the others. If you go with this method, you will need a Lightning to Digital AV Adapter from the official store of Apple. You might come across other third-party options, but they will lack High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).If you don’t want to use HDMI and still want to connect your iPhone to your TV, you will need Apple’s Lightning to VGA Adapter.
- After getting the adapter, follow these steps:
- First, you need to connect the adapter to your VGA cable or HDMI.
- Then, connect the cable to your TV’s input.
- Plugin the adapter into your iPhone’s Lightning port and switch on your phone.
- Now use the TV’s remote control and switch to the input you have just attached.
watch movies from smartphone There it is, and now you can see your iPhone’s content on your TV without or with HDMI. We have tried our best to show you some ways to watch movies from smartphone to TV without using HDMI. The TV will mirror the resolution of your iPhone on your TV. If you have an old TV set, the image quality can be a little dodgy on a large TV screen. But overall, it will work.